Thursday, February 28, 2008

read this today........."Knowing is not enough, we must apply." " Willing is not enough, we must do."

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply."

Really! I don't think so. Let me explain..

If one know how to kill people (even animals for that matter) should one apply that know-how? I could use a lot many exemples to explain: rape, murder, coruption, suicide... I hope you get the picture!

" Willing is not enough, we must do."

If one is willing to die does not mean that one should commit suicide.

I read this quote today and felt.. what an utterly useless quote, perhaps more useless in isolation. I mean without relevant perspective.

But then aren't most things we say useless in isolation. Unless we see things in real context it is so easy to get swayed.

I'll continue on this thread again sometime to share how this knowledge is used by many for ulterior motives.

I know you must be wondering why this post? i just felt like commenting on a quote used by someone.. just got irritated and hence this post.

No comments: